Do you have a desire to empower and engage your students and transform your classroom? Do you want to learn how to innovate inside the box and more? We have an awesome opportunity for you! The MCS Digital Teaching and Learning team is beginning a joint book club with the book The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros. This book club will begin October 1 and will run through December.
We will be providing the following for you for participating and completing the joint book study:
- A copy of the book, The Innovator's Mindset
- 1 CEUs for successful completion, interaction, and participation in the book study
- Collaboration with other awesome educators in MCS and beyond
If you are interested and want to participate, please sign up by Monday, September 25th using the Google Classroom Join Code: htk7fo so your book can be ordered in time to begin the book study.
Kickoff Meeting On Thursday, September 28th at 3:30.
It will be at the MHS Innovation Arena (top of the Media Center). You will receive your book token to purchase your online book (Kindle) and a few other fun things
. We will conclude around Thanksgiving. At that time we will challenge you to take this a step further into your classroom to earn additional credit.
Hopefully this will answer any questions. We will be differentiating this book study. We want you to be successful because you want to, not because we are requiring something. With that being said, in order to get CEU's we will need to ask something of you.
This is how you can earn CEU's. Reading the book, participating in discussions, tweeting, etc. will be around 10 hrs of work. If you successfully do those things you will earn 1 CEU. (1 hr=.1)
- We will do a face to face meeting for the opening and closing of this book study.
- We will chat via Google Classroom. We will ask questions for you to respond to and discuss.
- We will respond via Twitter (use hashtag #MCSinnovates)
- If you want to form a subgroup and choose to meet, we'd be glad to come hang out with you.
- Please feel free to sign up for the IMMOC class that the author is doing. It will give you a lot more resources. We will pull some discussion from there. There will be some awesome guest speakers.
- We want this to be a personal learning experience. We will be flexible to meet your needs.
- This is designed to challenge and grow your thinking, not waste your time.
The DL&I Team