McDowell County Schools

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Career & Technical Education » Articulation


Through the McDowell Articulation Program (MAP), students may be able to transfer or "articulate" high school Career-Technical Education credits to McDowell Technical Community College. State and local agreements allow graduates from McDowell High School to simply "request" credit using an Articulation Form (found at the bottom of this page.) The form requires students to provide VOCATS scores and final grades for Career-Technical Education credits. To receive articulated credit towards a program of study at McDowell Tech, students must have a minimum score of 93 on their VOCATS exam and at least a B in the course. To receive articulated credit, students must enroll in the community college within two years of their high school graduation date. The MAP chart below outlines the courses that articulate between McDowell High School and McDowell Technical Community College.

How do I transfer to a UNC Campus from an NC Community College?

The Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities.

Proposal for a uniform Articulation Agreement between the University of North Carolina Baccalaureate Engineering Programs and North Carolina Community College System Associate in Engineering Programs